Special Need Children Center
Our primary mission is to develop, fund and operate a center near Fremont, CA in the San Francisco Bay Area. This center should serve local special need children and families — providing resources, therapy, assistive equipment and a place to gather and enjoy life, regardless of family income.
Our unique approach involves applying today’s communications and space technologies to develop highly-capable assistive equipment to help special need children and young adults become more mobile, connected, self-reliant and independent.
Special Need Projects
- SNCCF collaborates with teachers and principals in the Fremont schools that serve Special Need Children. Projects are chosen that will promote educational, social or physical needs.
- SNCCF helps fund summer camps for special need children who could not otherwise afford to go.
- SNCCF helps with transportation for special need children.
- We are working to develop a specialized resource data base for our web site, to be used by families and teachers of special need children.
Projects in the Community
These are projects that we have completed with community groups or schools.
- Donation of bicycles helmets and jackets to Fremont Unified School District Bicycle Club for Special Need Children
- Addition of heavy-duty metal storage containers to Glankler and Blacow Schools, to be used for equipment required by special need children at those schools.
- Repair and renovate the Glankler School garden so the special need children and their teachers can have fun planting food plants and flowers.
- Help support and fund the Special Games, an event held annually by Division 12 of Kiwanis organization. Over 1000 Special Need Children and over 3000 support people participate in this popular event.
- With a $5000 dollar donation to Via West, we helped build a green house for their Special Need Children Summer camp. The kids can now plant their favorite food or flower.
- Donations to the special need class at Warm Springs Elementary.